With the holiday season upon us, and the end of the year drawing near, we often find ourselves feeling gratitude, a swell of love and appreciation for all of our loved ones and our many blessings, and looking ahead to 2013 and all it has to offer.
I thought the best way to welcome the New Year would be to explore some of the positive areas of growth in the jobs sector. This Forbes article, written earlier this month, highlights the top jobs of 2013.
The article is based on a study conducted by CareerBuilder and Economic Modeling Specialists, Intl. (EMSI). The projections are based on the occupations that have expanded considerably and have added the most jobs to the market since 2010.
The job that shows the greatest growth projection is Software Developer. Since 2010, 70,872 jobs have been added, demonstrating a growth rate of 7%. Software developers typically have a bachelor’s degree in computer science and their average pay is $90,530 a year. The Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 30% increase in software developers by 2020.
Here’s a run-down of the top jobs, but you can find more information by reading the entire article:
- Software Developers (Applications and Systems Software)
- Accountants and Auditors
- Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Human Resources, Training and Labor Relations Specialists
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Sales Representatives (Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific)
- Information Security Analysts, Web Developers, and Computer Network Architects
- Mechanical Engineers
For more information on these jobs, search for them in O*NET. You will find tons of excellent job-related information at this site.
Happy Holidays from all of us here at jacksonCAREER and may 2013 bring much personal and career prosperity!